Thursday, July 12, 2012

Da Da Dum

Yeah, that was the only title I could think of.
Yesterday´s expeditions weren´t quite what we expected, but they were still fun.  Monkey Island really isn´t an island because someone built a land bridge to it and most of the monkeys moved to the mountains.  The reason the bridge was built was that two kids were killed by monkeys because they had become so aggressive.  But we still saw several monkeys and a sloth, and the group Cassie was with (we were in two separate boats) saw a baby crocodile.  The tram was a lot of fun; I got some great shots aiming straight down.  We weren´t that high, though, because it goes up the slope of a mountain.  At the top, we got off and walked up to an observatory that had a great view.  (But on the way up I was stung by a wasp; my first time being stung.  It hurt!)
The rest of the day was pretty laid back.  I tried to get my hair to stand straight up for wacky hair night, but I didn´t have enough patience.  It still looked pretty freaky, though!  (People kept asking if I´d put soap in my hair.)
Today we went back to the Catholic school and to an orphanage.  At the school, we almost weren´t let in because something got screwed up with the paperwork, but we were let in.  The drama went really well, and at the end, I got to "bring in the net" (explain the drama and lead people a prayer for salvation).  We couldn´t count them all, but there was somewhere around 100 kids who got saved!  And afterwords, there was a little boy who was going around hugging people, and he hugged me twice.  The second time, he said, "Te llama," which means, "I love you."  I melted!  I told him, "Te llama," back, and a LIT took a picture of the two of us together.
At the orphanage, the drama went well.  About 15 kids there gave their lives to the Lord.  Afterwords, we got to play with the kids for about half an hour.  There was a little boy who had broken his finger a few days ago, and they hadn´t taken him to a doctor.  One of our LITs, Laura, is on the trip´s medical staff, so she set his finger and bandaged it as best she could.  It broke our hearts to have to leave the kids, especially him.
Tonight after FUAGNEM I´m going to the showing of the movie, "We Bought a Zoo."  And now I´m out of time.  Catch you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment