Saturday, July 14, 2012

Last Two Days

Augh!  It´s my last day in Panama!  *sobfest*
We went back to the tribe yesterday, but to a different village.  Before going there, though, the natives took us to a waterfall where most of our team went swimming.  (Most people complained about the water being cold, but it sure felt warm to me!)  Then we went to the village and were given the cultural presentation that we didn´t get at the last village because of the rain.  This time, it was sunny the whole day!  (But I sweated off my new tattoos - the tattoos I got just because the old ones had sweated off!)  It was beautiful, and I got some cool music and dance videos (including a video of Cassie dancing with a nearly-naked tribal man who is half her hight).  I also got tons of scenery pictures.
(And speaking of pictures, one of my team leaders is one of the trip photographers, and he gives out all his team photos to his team members for free, so I don´t have to buy the whole photo package this year - a great thing, because they raised the price from $20 to $30.)
Today was a free day.  First, we went to the Panama canal (and saw a ship go through the locks!), then we went to a market.  I´ll tell people what I got after I´ve given out the gifts. :)  Although I will mention, for Beth, that I didn´t quite get matching dresses, because one is pink and one is blue, but they´re the same style.  I also got them big so the girls can wear them for longer. :)
And I got Snickers ice cream.  Just a random and totally awesome fact.
Another random and totally awesome fact is that half the guys on my team have been wearing ponchos around because they bought them and love them.  It´s awesome, and it´s funny how good they look in them.
So yeah.  Not much happened today or yesterday that I have time to go into detail on right now (the business center computers aren´t working right now, so I was told to use the guest services computer and I don´t want to take it for too long).  I´ll post details and photos when I get back.  I fly back to Miami tomorrow and home the day after that.  For anyone interested, I´m due in around 6:30 on the l6th.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment